All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Payne at Pinehurst , veteran sports writer Bill Chastain crafts the dramatic story of the 1999 U.S. Open by combining extensive research with interviews of those who made it a unique and compelling event. There was thing simple about Payne Stewart's task. Tiger Woods was the hottest golfer on the Tour, and Stewart's conquest of Pinehurst, while fending off Woods and others in an epic battle where every swing counted, is the stuff golf legends are made of. From the compelling action on the course to the tournament's dramatic conclusion, Payne at Pinehurst shows readers why the 1999 U.S. Open is regarded by many as the best U.S. Open ever played.
- Author BiographyBill Chastain spent 12 years as a sportswriter for The Tampa Tribune working as a columnist and baseball writer. His byline has appeared in numerous national publications and he has written two other books, The Steve Spurrier Story: From Heisman to Head Ball Coach and The Streak. Chastain lives in Tampa with his wife, Patti, and their two children, Carly and Kel.
- Author(s)Bill Chastain
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication31/05/2005
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Note8 pages b&w photo insert
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.