All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractical advice and information for living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition in which there is an imbalance of a woman's female sex hormones, and affects an estimated 10% of all women. This hormone imbalance may cause changes in the menstrual cycle, acne, small cysts in the ovaries, difficulty conceiving, high blood pressure, and other problems. It is treatable, but t curable, and sufferers have to rely on themselves for the long-term management of their condition. If you're living with PCOS, this guide gives you the latest information concerning treatments and research into Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.PCOS For Dummies gives you a practical, plain-English guide to living with and managing Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. In addition to providing valuable information concerning the causes and symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, PCOS For Dummies gives you the facts about the various treatment options that are available, including both traditional medical treatments and alternative therapies.
- Discusses the causes and symptoms of PCOS
- Advice for dealing with this disorder
- Covers the treatments and medicine available in the United States
- Author BiographyGaynor Bussell, RD, is a registered dietitian, consultant, nutritionist, and a member of the Health Professions Council and the Nutrition Society in the United Kingdom. She has specialized in women's health nutrition for over twenty years. Sharon Perkins, RN, was a nurse coordinator for in vitro fertilization at the Cooper In Vitro Center for Hormonal Disorders. She is coauthor of Infertility For Dummies.
- Author(s)Gaynor Bussell,Sharon Perkins
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/08/2011
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitleFor Dummies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.