All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeacerunner is the must-read account of how ex-congressman Bruce Morrison rose from crushing defeat to become a crucial figure in the historic Irish Peace Process that ended centuries of warfare. The world celebrated the end of the fighting in Ireland, but just a handful kw the full story of former congressman Bruce Morrison and how critical he was in bringing peace--and ne can bring it to life better than author Penn Rhodeen. In Peacerunner, Rhodeen takes us on the journey of Morrison, who worked with Irish Americans to help elect Bill Clinton as the best hope for a new American policy on the ancient conflict. He then devised the political strategy that helped Clinton make that policy a reality. Despite having official position, Morrison traveled tirelessly to meet with anyone--including those seen as terrorists--who could help end the fighting. In Northern Ireland, he showed that the US could be the honest broker for both sides--and blazed the trail on which Clinton and George Mitchell helped political leaders forge the 1998 Good Friday Agreement and a new beginning for a suffering land. This fast-paced and insightful narrative brimming with unforgettable characters--presidents and prime ministers, politicians of every stripe, activists and guerrilla fighters--reaches far beyond Ireland's bloody history to show that conflict should be seen as too intractable to solve. Peacerunner isn't just for those curious about how peace came to Northern Ireland--it's a story for anyone eager to kw how the world can actually get better.
- Author BiographyPenn Rhodeen became a lawyer after brief stints as a newspaper reporter and schoolteacher. His practice focuses on cases involving children and medical malpractice. He has also been heavily involved in political campaigns for a wide range of candidates, from local to presidential. Much of his writing has related to legal and political issues, including a op-ed pieces for The New York Times, Newsday, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and others.
- Author(s)Penn Rhodeen
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Weight571 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byPresident Bill Clinton
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.