CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionInitially published in 1992, the Pearl Buying Guide was the first book to give consumers details on judging pearl quality and value. The 207 new colour photos in this updated 5th edition show new types of pearls, clasps and jewellery styles. Updated information has been provided on natural pearls, treatments, cultivation and identification techniques, and a brief chapter on antique pearl jewellery has been added. Written for both consumers and professionals, the Pearl Buying Guide gives step-by-step visual pointers on how to select flattering pearls that will give you maximum enjoyment. Library Journal described a previous edition of the Pearl Buying Guide as: An interesting and easy-to-understand guide to buying, evaluating, selecting and caring for pearls and pearl jewellery. The opening chapters point out common mistakes made when buying pearls. Other chapters focus on evaluating pearl types and shapes, lustre, nacre thickness, colour, flaws, size, and make. Additional chapters cite differences in South Sea, black, and freshwater pearls as well as imitation, natural and cultured pearls. The closing chapters highlight the proper way to care for pearls as well as creative ways to wear them. The many photographs are valuable in illustrating the characteristics of and differences among pearls. Overall the guide is useful to all types of readers. The San Jose Mercury News said If you're thinking of investing in pearls, invest $20 first in the Pearl Buying Guide by Renee Newman. Even if you already own pearls, this book has good tips on care and great ideas on different ways to wear pearls. A reporter for the Boston Herald wrote: With loads of photos to illustrate her points, Newman tells readers how to check a pearl's lustre, nacre, colour, and flaws ...a gem-dandy guide to picking right-price pearls.
- Author BiographyRenee Newman is a respected gemologist and author of several guides on gems and jewellery. Her books are used throughout the world as buying guides, sales-training tools, class texts and references for jewellery professionals.
- Author(s)Renee Newman
- PublisherInternational Jewelry Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/07/2010
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAlhambra, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInternational Jewelry Publications,U.S.
- Out-of-print date10/01/2017
- Content Note321 colour photos
- Weight374 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.