All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt appears so simple to explain that it is longer amongst the mysteries of the world. But in actual fact, much remains unkwn about the pearl. We barely understand how it is formed. And it has been discovered that all shells can produce them. As a consequence, a whole range of them may be found, reflecting the immense variety of molluscs and shells: blue ones, red ones, white, green, black, yellow, orange and even speckled ones. (Hubert Bari) The fascination of this book is the way it effortlessly combines scientific, historical, cultural, and practical information.
- Author BiographyHubert Bari is a writer and curator. A cultural historian with research interests extending from mineralogy to decorative arts, he is the author of Pink Pearl, also published by Skira (2007). David Lam is a chemical engineer and an organizer of cultural events. He is overseeing the creation of a museum of natural history in Qatar.
- Author(s)Hubert Bari
- Date of Publication22/03/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Weight2230 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.