All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title introduces young readers to pearls, the gem formed inside the shell of an oyster! Learn how pearls are formed and where they are found. Historic and modern collection methods are detailed, both natural and cultivated. The use of pearls as a gemstone is examined including different colors. See how artisans and lapidaries create beautiful and useful jewelry with this beautiful gem. Finally, a list of tools and tips will set young rock hounds up to unearth their own treasures. Glossary words in bold, an index, and phonetic spellings for those hard-to-prounce geologic terms enhance and supplement the text. Aligned to Common Core Standards and correlated to state standards. Checkerboard Library is an imprint of ABDO Publishing Company.
- Author(s)Christine Petersen
- PublisherAbdo Publishing Company
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- Series TitleEarth's Treasures
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbdo Publishing Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight227 g
- Width198 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.