All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe quintessentially British almanac, Pears' Cyclopaedia continues to inform and intrigue generations of readers with its unique mix of solid facts and fascinating gems. Now reaching its 125th edition, this ultimate volume offers clear and concise information on such wide-ranging subjects as global events, Norse mythology and modern cinema. Updated regularly by editor Chris Cook and his panel of experts, this handy and beautiful edition includes new entries for all major events from 2016-17 and all the traditional favourites - from public figures and celebrities, through medical matters and classical mythology, to a gazetteer of the British Isles and the latest tax advice. This is a world of kwledge rolled into one must-have volume - the Swiss army knife of reference books.
- Author BiographyDr Chris Cook has been editing Pears' Cyclopaedia since 1977: the year of the Queen's silver jubilee, James Callaghan and The Clash. The world has changed since then, but Pears' remains the only book of its kind to be updated and revised annually. Dr Cook is helped in his yearly task of overseeing a varied team of expert contributors by his love of reference books, the compulsive reading of every kind of newspaper and his formidable academic record in creating historical works that have been translated into a dozen languages.
- Author(s)Chris Cook
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2016
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintAllen Lane
- Weight746 g
- Width138 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine40 mm
Save on Other
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $20.03
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.82
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.03
- AU $21.03Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $16.36Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $22.50Trending at AU $22.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.