Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea of fragmentation has transformed the living, convivial pursuit of kwledge into something akin to an industrial assembly line. Schooling in North America is inherently based on this idea, working against the spirit of pedagogy and the very nature of kwledge itself. Fragmentation has lead to practices that are easily recognizable in schools such as surveillance, colonization, leveling, standardization, rmalization and even oppression: the logic of fragmentation has lead to the breaking apart of the living disciplines of kwledge entrusted to teachers and students in the classroom. In this profound and challenging book, David Jardine explores some of the historical and philosophical ancestries of the logic of fragmentation and then lays out how the logic of fragmentation is being interrupted by progressive contemporary thinking about the nature of kwledge and its pursuit. Jardine uses real classroom examples to show how inspiring teachers and students have stepped out from the rmal rigidity of the school system to pursue a pedagogy left in peace.
- Author BiographyDr. David W. Jardine is a Full Professor of Education at the University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. He is the author and co-author of seven other books in education, over 80 articles in refereed scholarly journals, and dozens of book chapters.
- Author(s)David W. Jardine
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication28/08/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight476 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.