All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionAcross the full range of human movement studies and their many sub-disciplines, established institutional practices and forms of pedagogy are used to (re)produce valued kwledge about human movement. Pedagogy and Human Movement explores this pedagogy in detail to reveal its applications and meanings within individual fields. This unique book examines the epistemological assumptions underlying each of these pedagogical systems, and their successes and limitations as ways of (re)producing kwledge related to physical activity, the body, and health. It also considers how the pedagogical discourses and devices employed influence the ways of thinking, practice, dispositions and identities of those who work in the fields of sport, exercise and other human movement fields. With a scope that includes physical education, exercise and sports science, sports sociology and cultural studies, kinesiology, health promotion, human performance and dance, amongst other subjects, Pedagogy and Human Movement is the most comprehensive study of pedagogical cultures in human movement currently available. It is an invaluable resource for anybody with an interest in human movement studies.
- Author BiographyRichard Tinning is Professor of Pedagogy and Physical Education in the School of Human Movement Studies at the University of Queensland, Australia, and Adjunct Professor of Physical Education in the Faculty of Education at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. As a teacher educator he has been involved in major Australian curriculum development projects for physical education, worked on large-scale professional development programs for teachers, and been a consultant to both schools and universities. His research interests are informed by a socially critical perspective and have focused on issues related to pedagogy, knowledge, identity and professional development.
- Author(s)Richard Tinning
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 16 black & white halftones
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.