All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPedagogy for Restoration seeks to understand the conditions leading to the destruction of Earth in order to discover pedagogy for restoration. As we degrade the planet we degrade ourselves and as we degrade ourselves we degrade the planet. Moral development and socialization significantly influence our participation in, construction of, or resistance to the systems of oppression that degrade us. The process of restorative education recognizes that humans are fundamentally good and moral and seeks to promote healthy moral development. We must help students meet their basic needs, center their own identities and experience, and simultaneously emphasize community and relationships to help them find a sense of purpose. These efforts facilitate social and ecological restoration by allowing students to reach a physical and emotional place that is conducive to learning and self-efficacy so that they may engage with whatever issues they find important in their own way and on their own terms.
- Author BiographyDavid Krzesni is passionate about helping young people lead active, healthy, and purposeful lives and has worked in community health, public schools, and afterschool programs. David teaches high school mathematics and facilitates project-based learning and outdoor enrichment activities. David earned his master's degree in environmental education from Western Washington University and his bachelor's degree in mathematics from the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology.
- Author(s)David Krzesni
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number503
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.