All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text argues that the igrance and lethargy of the poor are the direct result of the whole ecomic, social and political domination. The book suggests that in some countries the oppressors use the system to maintain a culture of silence . Through the right kind of education, the book suggests, avoiding authoritarian teacher-pupil models and based on the actual experiences of students and on continual shared investigation, every human being, matter how impoverished or illiterate, can develop a new awareness of self, and the right to be heard.
- Author BiographyPaulo Freire (1921-1997) was a revolutionary Brazilian educational theorist. Heavily influenced by Hegel as well as Marxist and anti-colonialist thinkers, Freire promoted the liberation of the working classes through a cooperative teacher-student educative model.
- Author(s)Paulo Freire
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/1996
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight134 g
- Width133 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byMyra Bergman Ramos
- Foreword byRichard Shaull
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- shaneharding201...07 Sep, 2012by
An old fashioned social book that should be read by the younger generation.
Pedagogy of the Oppressed this a very good book but may seem a little bit repetitive at times, but needs to be to get the point across.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.