All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in Portuguese in 1968, Pedagogy of the Oppressed was translated and published in English in 1970. The methodology of the late Paulo Freire has helped to empower countless impoverished and illiterate people throughout the world. Freire's work has taken on especial urgency in the United States and Western Europe, where the creation of a permanent underclass among the underprivileged and mirities in cities and urban centers is increasingly accepted as the rm. With a substantive new introduction on Freire's life and the remarkable impact of this book by writer and Freire confidant and authority Donaldo Macedo, this anniversary edition of Pedagogy of the Oppressed will inspire a new generation of educators, students, and general readers for years to come.For more information, visit www.pedagogyoftheoppressed.com.
- Author BiographyPaulo Freire is the author of the bestselling Pedagogy of the Oppressed as well as Education for Critical Consciousness, Pedagogy in Process (The Letters to Guinea-Bissau), Learning to Question (with Antonio Faundez), and Pedagogy of the City.
- Author(s)Paulo Freire
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/09/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byMyra Bergman Ramos
- Introduction byDonaldo P. Macedo
- Edition Statement30th
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.