All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychiatry is in a mess. Patients who urgently need help go untreated, and perfectly rmal people get over-diagsed with serious mental disorder and receive unnecessary medical treatment. The root of the problem lies with money - pharmaceutical money, and with a diagstic system in psychiatry - the DSM - that is vulnerable to being exploited. The pharmaceutical companies have fostered the expansion of this flawed diagstic system, thereby pushing psychiatry to over-extend it's domain so that more and more rmal people can be diagsed with mental disorder and treated with drugs. Peddling Mental Disorder takes a number of examples - major depression, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, social anxiety disorder, attention deficit disorder, and bipolar disorder, to illustrate the steady expansion of DSM and the over-medication of society.
- Author BiographyLawrie Reznek is an associate professor in Psychiatry at the University of Toronto, Canada and has written a number of books on the philosophical foundations of psychiatry.
- Author(s)Lawrie Reznek
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $22.02Trending at AU $23.08
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.