All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will move the field of pediatric cochlear implantation forward by educating clinicians in the field as to current and emerging best practices and inspiring research in new areas of importance, including the relationship between cognitive processing and pediatric cochlear implant outcomes. The book discusses communication practices, including sign language for deaf children with cochlear implants and the role of augmentative/alternative communication for children with multiple disabilities. Focusing exclusively on cochlear implantation as it applies to the pediatric population, this book also discusses music therapy, minimizing the risk of meningitis in pediatric implant recipients, recognizing device malfunction and failure in children, perioperative anesthesia and analgesia considerations in children, and much more. Cochlear Implants in Children is aimed at clinicians, including neurotologists, pediatric otolaryngologists, audiologists and speech-language pathologists, as well as clinical scientists and educators of the deaf. The book is also appropriate for pre-and postdoctoral students, including otolaryngology residents and fellows in Neurotology and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
- Author BiographyNancy M. Young, MDLillian S Wells Professor of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of MedicineHead, Section of Otolology and Neurotology, Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Ann & Robert H Lurie Children's Hospital of ChicagoFellow, Knowles Hearing Center, Northwestern University School of CommunicationILUSA Karen Iler KirkShahid and Ann Carlson Khan Professor and HeadDepartment of Speech and Hearing ScienceUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignILUSA
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/09/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note64 black & white illustrations, 45 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1260 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byKaren Iler Kirk,Nancy M. Young
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.