All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstand the unique nutritional needs of infants and children in the pediatric critical care unit Written with the goal of shortening recovery time and improving overall clinical outcomes, Pediatric Critical Care Nutrition is the first text to offercomprehensive, in-depth coverage of the nutritional needs of infants and children in the pediatric care unit. This practical text imparts basic concepts, critically appraises the literature, and provides a completereview of the key principles of pediatric critical care nutrition. Combining clinical strategies with a compilation of available evidence, Pediatric Critical Care Nutrition, covers essential topics such as: Metabolic alterations and nutrients in the critically ill child Delivery of nutrition support to the critically ill child Disease-related nutrition considerations including burns and wound healing, solid-organ transplantation, renal and pulmonary failure, gastrointestinal issues, cancer, obesity, and more Practical aspects of the delivery of nutrition support Optimum nutrition therapy is essential during the entire continuum of critical illness until recovery, and requires the multidisciplinary awareness, kwledge, and effort taught in this groundbreaking text.
- Author BiographyPraveen S. Goday, MD (Madison, WI) is Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Director of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Medical College of Wisconsin. Nilesh Mehta, MD (Boston, MA) is Associate Professor of Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School; Director, Critical Care Nutrition, and Associate Medical Director, Critical Care Department of Anesthesia, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Boston Children's Hospital.
- Author(s)Nilesh Mehta,Praveen S. Goday
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note, colour illustrations
- Weight792 g
- Width185 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.