All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionMedical issues in schools are a growing reality. In addition to teaching academic skills, educators w play an integral part in comprehensive health care delivery for children. Based on current research, this volume outlines the most current and urgent pediatric issues affecting schools today. Written for school psychologists, counselors, administrators, and teachers, this easy-to-understand resource covers: -Schools as partners in health care delivery, including health care delivery trends and collaborations between educators and medical professionals -Current issues in pediatric disorders and treatments, such as childhood immunizations, shaken baby syndrome, sleep problems, and pediatric HIV -Prevention and wellness intervention for childhood obesity prevention, low-level aggression in the schools, and accident prevention Featuring case studies, classroom strategies, discussion questions, glossaries, and handouts, Pediatric Disorders provides valuable information to practitioners involved in providing differentiated instruction and educational accommodations, collaborating with families, working with the community, and influencing policy.
- Author BiographyPaul C. McCabe: Paul C. McCabe, NCSP, is an associate professor of school psychology in the School Psychologist Graduate Program at Brooklyn College of the City University of New York. McCabe conducts and publishes research in early childhood social, behavioral, and language development and concomitant problems; pediatric school psychology and health issues addressed by schools; and social justice issues in training, especially training educators to advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered youth. He lives in New York, NY. Steven R. Shaw: Steven R. Shaw, NCSP, is an assistant professor in the Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. He has been a school psychologist since 1988 with clinical and administrative experience in schools, hospitals, and independent practice. Shaw received a PhD in school psychology from the University of Florida. He lives in Montreal, QC.
- Author(s)Paul C. McCabe,Steven R. Shaw
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight285 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.