All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a study conducted with chronically ill children, Pediatric Dramatherapy: They Couldn't Run So They Learned To Fly shows how children who are unable to verbalize their feelings or inner conflicts can do so through dramatherapy. The major sources of stress for chronically ill children are examined as they relate to situations within selected stories. Through detailed case studies, commentaries and analysis this groundbreaking book demonstrates a connection between the child's symbolic expression and the struggle with illness. The use of puppets, masks, make-up and costume accessories enhances the children's ability for self expression. This fascinating study will be a significant resource for all those working with traumatized children as well as an important contribution to the emerging field of arts medicine.
- Author BiographyCarol E. Bouzoukis is a child dramatherapist with over fifteen years of clinical experience. She holds a doctorate from New York University and has been a nationally registered dramatherapist since 1987. Dr Bouzoukis currently has a private practice in Wilmington, Delaware, USA where she is also the Founder and Executive Director of The Child Drama Workshops, an interactive theatre arts enrichment program. She holds a Master of Fine Arts degree in Child Drama from the University of North Carolina and has directed extensively for professional theatre companies for young audiences. Dr Bouzoukis specializes in allowing children to express themselves through their natural ability to pretend.
- Author(s)Carol E. Bouzoukis
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2001
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, tables, graphs, index
- Weight371 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byRobert J. Landy
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.