All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
About this product
- DescriptionNow is a critical time in pediatric informatics. As information techlogies--electronic health records (EHRs), personal health records (PHRs), computerized physician order entry (CPOE)--and standards (HL7) are developed to improve the quality of health care, it is imperative for policy makers and pediatricians to be aware of their impact on pediatric care and child health. Informed child advocates must be at the planning table as national and regional health information networks are developed to insure the unique health care needs of children are being met. Pediatric Informatics: Computer Applications in Child Health is a current digest of the important trends in pediatric informatics, written by leading experts in the field. This book explores how the management of biomedical data, information, and kwledge can optimize and advance child health. The contributors investigate the specific importance of pediatric informatics is derived from the biological, psychological, social and cultural needs that the distinguish children from other populations. These distinctions create complexities in the management of pediatric data and information that make children a vulnerable population and require the development of a new body of kwledge in pediatric informatics.
- Author BiographyBoth authors are pediatricians and informaticians with significant experience and expertise in the field of informatics, and both have trained in informatics through the National Library of Medicine. Dr. Lehmann's expertise resides in the development, application and evaluation of clinical information systems in pediatrics with an emphasis on improving health care quality. He is a faculty member in the Division of Health Information Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Kim's area of expertise lies in ontologies and consumer health informatics. He is also an expert in information retrieval.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleHealth Informatics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 40 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight853 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byChristoph U. Lehmann,George R. Kim,Kevin B. Johnson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.