All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of liver tumors in children has seen tremendous therapeutic advances over recent years. This has been achieved through a much better understanding of the biology of disease, improved diagstic procedures, refined methods of pretreatment tumor staging, the implementation of highly efficient chemotherapy and surgery, detailed monitoring of toxicity, and careful follow-up strategies. International controlled trials have played a key role in these advances, and many leading figures in the trials are among the editors and authors of this book. Their principal goal in Hepatic Tumors in Children is to provide the reader with a complete update on this complex and rapidly evolving field. All aspects of an impressive success story are covered, disclosing how the outcome of a previously devastating disease has been so dramatically improved. This book will prove essential reading for all who are involved in the care of children with liver tumors.
- Author BiographyProf.Dr.med.em Arthur Zimmermann graduated in Medicine at the University of Berne, Switzerland. He attended the local Pathology Residency Program, followed by several years of experipmental basic research in the fields of cancer cell cycle mutants and mechanisms of leukocyte and cancer cell motility. As chief of staff and then head of the division of surgical pathology at the University of Berne he specialized in hepatobiliary and pancreatic tumor pathology, where he became the author and coauthor of more than 500 publications. Until July 2009, Prof. Zimmermann was Acting Director of the Institute of Pathology of the University of Berne. As an expert in pediatric liver tumors he is an international consultant and holds the Pathology Review Center for the International Childhood Liver Tumor Study Group ( SIOPEL ). Prof. Giorgio Perilongo graduated in Medicine in 1980 at the University of Padua, Italy; he then attended the local Pediatric Residency program for then completing his post-graduate education with a fellowship in Hematology-Oncology first and in Neuro-Oncology thereafter at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Presently he is the Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics of the University Hospital in Padua. He was among the founders of the International Childhood Liver Tumor Study Groups (otherwise known as SIOPEL group), the international cooperative research group on childhood liver tumors based in Europe conceived within the umbrella of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology. Within this group is has and he is still playing a very active role. He chaired a series of clinical trials already published in the main international scientific journals.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitlePediatric Oncology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight517 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byArthur Zimmermann,Giorgio Perilongo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.