Pediatric Nursing: Caring for Children and Their Families by Nicki Potts, Barbara Mandleco (Mixed media product, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $149.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by freshy_shops
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $43.40+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPEDIATRIC NURSING: CARING FOR CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES, International Edition, offers a dynamic and insightful guide to caring for pediatric clients. The authors embrace a holistic, family-centered approach to the care and nurturing of children in all states of health, exploring healthy growth and development milestones, as well as illness states and chronic conditions. All nursing care is framed within a family context, underscoring the importance of viewing children t just as individuals, but as members of a family. General nursing skills such as assessment, communication, and health promotion are presented within the pediatric framework to help nurses approach children and their families with an authentic, informed understanding of their conditions and needs.
- Author BiographyNicki Lee Warren Potts is a second-generation registered nurse who earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas. She first practiced her profession as an assistant head nurse in medical surgical nursing and public health nursing, and she discovered her true passion in nursing education in Nashville at Tennessee State University. She continued her preparation for a career in education by obtaining a Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Texas at Austin's College of Nursing. Texas Woman's University College of Nursing conferred her Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing Research and Theory. With over 30 years as a clinician and academician, Dr. Potts has taught psychiatric and mental health nursing and pediatric nursing in associate degree and baccalaureate schools of nursing. The majority of her teaching career has been at Texas Woman's University in Houston, Texas; the University of Texas in Arlington, Texas; and the University of Texas in Austin, Texas. Other areas of professional experience include Assistant Director for Education, Texas Nurse's Association, and Nursing Consultant for Advanced Practice at the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas. Dr. Potts's professional development and contributions are well documented at the local and national levels. She has delivered numerous presentations throughout the country based on her special interest and research in females with eating disorders. She is a member of Sigma Theta Tau, Society of Pediatric Nurses, and the American Nurses Association. Dr. Potts has numerous journal, textbook, and abstract publications to her credit. Barbara Hartwig Mandleco received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, her Master of Science in Pediatric Nursing from the University of Florida-Gainesville, and her Doctor of Philosophy in Family Sciences with an emphasis in human development from Brigham Young University. She has been a staff nurse on pediatric and adult medical surgical nursing units and a nursing educator for over 30 years. She has taught advanced human development and pediatric nursing, fundamentals of nursing, nursing research, and management of family issues to undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Utah and Brigham Young University Colleges of Nursing. Currently, Dr. Mandleco is a professor at the Brigham Young University College of Nursing. Dr. Mandleco has given numerous professional presentations at the local, regional, national, and international levels. She is published in peer-reviewed journals and is the author of Pediatric Nursing Skills & Procedures, and Growth and Development Handbook: Newborn through Adolescent also published by Delmar Cengage Learning. Her research interests include families adapting to a child with a special need or chronic illness, and innovative methods of teaching.
- Author(s)Barbara Mandleco,Nicki Potts
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication21/02/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2760 g
- Width217 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 3rd revised ed
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.30Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $18.70Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.