Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the founders of the field of pediatric rheumatology, Dr. Jerry C. Jacobs, comprehensively discusses the care of children with rheumatic diseases and musculoskeletal disorders in this clinical reference. The author has completely revised and updated the text and references. A significant portion of the book is devoted to differential diagsis; in fact, one of the book's strongest points is the detailed, illustrated description of the physical examination of joints in children. From the reviews of the first edition: The section on the differential diagsis of arthritis is the most comprehensive treatise of the subject that I have seen. #New England Journal of Medicine#1 This is a book that one can pick up and read sections of and go back to again and again, and as such should be readily available wherever people are caring for children with joint complaints. #British Medical Journal#2 Photographs, both clinical and pathological, radiographs, tables and graphs appear on almost every page and the layout is good so that the text is attractive as well as readable. #British Journal of Rheumatology#3 ...deals with all the facets of rheumatism or arthritis likely to be met with in the clinic. ..Above all the book is user friendly: very comprehensive index sections facilitate access to material, and the provision of many lists and summary tables helps in the location and clarification of information...The whole results in a book that is pleasant and surprisingly easy to read ...it would form an ideal library copy, both for selective reading and reference, and should be read by all paediatric rheumatologists. #The Lancet#4
- Author(s)Jerry C. Jacobs
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/06/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1431 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 1993
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.