All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Pemaquid a Story of Old Times in New England At last I breathe freely. Away down in this little Eastern village of Pemaquid I shall find a safe retreat from my enemies and persecutors. It was a happy thought that brought me here. Time, it is true, will hang heavy on my hands at first, but with all my resources and devices I shall soon adjust myself to my new circumstances. And what are these circumstances? I spend my nights in a room that has been shut up from the profane eye for a quarter of a century. By dint of opening every window, and banishing the hideous green paper curtains, the musty odor of this grim apartment is beginning to become endurable. My days I spend in a room yet more religiously closed, more grim, more musty, which rejoices in the name of parlor. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)E Prentiss
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.