All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPen & Ink combines practical instruction with inspirational artwork to awaken a new generation of pen-and-ink enthusiasts.Drawing with pen and ink has been a celebrated art form for centuries. In addition to ballpoint pen, today's pen-and-ink artists use a variety of tools, including fountain pens, graphic pens, and brushes to create photorealistic drawings. Pen & Ink, the premier title in Walter Foster's new Artistry series focusing on specialized fine-art mediums, combines practical instruction with inspirational art and photographs for a comprehensive guidebook designed to awaken a new generation of pen-and-ink enthusiasts. Professional pen-and-ink artists take readers on a creative journey through each of their distinct techniques, from learning basic pen techniques to stippling portraits and adding watercolor washes. Instructions for rendering each technique, as well as beautiful finished artwork across a variety of styles, give aspiring artists a contemporary look into working with pen and ink.
- Author BiographyLoui Jover is an artist in Arundel, Queensland, Australia. He studied commercial and graphic arts and worked as an illustrator for the Australian Army before becoming a professional mixed-media artist. Originally from Europe, Loui moved to Australia as a child and now lives with his wife and daughter and creates ink drawings on vintage book paper in his backyard studio.Utah-based artist Desarae Lee works as a full-time artist and has exhibited her art at galleries and festivals throughout the United States. She holds a degree in art education from Brigham Young University and has received awards from various art organizations. Learn more at www.desaraelee.com.An attorney raised in Portugal and currently based in London, England, Samuel Silva spends his free time creating photorealistic drawings with ballpoint pen. He started drawing at the age of 2 and has been featured on Huffington Post, BuzzFeed, and CNN, among others. Learn more at vianaarts.deviantart.com.Marcio Ramos is a Brazilian artist currently living in Germany. He has worked with pens to create stippled artworks since 2000, focusing especially on trains and lions. COPIC selected Marcio to represent its Multiliner pen, and he was chosen as one of 20 finalists for Ketel One's The Modern Craft Project in 2012. Learn more at www.pontilhismo.com.br.Ian Thomas Miller is an artist in Chicago, Illinois, and a graduate from Columbia College Chicago. Ian's recent features include The Creators Project and Booooooom. Find out more about Ian at www.ianthomasmiller.com.
- Author(s)Desarae Lee,Ian Thomas Miller,Loui Jover,Marcio Ramos,Samuel Silva
- PublisherWalter Foster Jr.
- Date of Publication17/11/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter Foster Jr.
- Weight635 g
- Width222 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.