All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionFor decades the name Pendleton has been synymous with Indian blankets. Anyone interested in the way white and Native American cultures have interacted and influenced each other will be fascinated by this reprint of an early Pendleton catalog, first printed in 1915. Pendleton incorporated Native American concepts and artistic influences early in the twentieth century. These high-quality woolen weavings, influential in popularizing Native American design among Anglo-Americans, were also adopted by the Indians themselves. Pendleton blankets became a measure of wealth and status among various Indian tribes and continue to be so today. The textiles depicted I this catalog will be of interest to collectors, and the catalog itself will find a wide market among collectors and students of American popular and native cultures.
- PublisherAvanyu Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/12/1987
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvanyu Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note18col.ill.
- Weight155 g
- Width203 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.