All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to break systems, networks, and software in order to determine where the bad guys might get in. Once the holes have been determined, this short book discusses how they can be fixed. Until they have been located, they are exposures to your organization. By reading Penetration Testing Basics, you'll gain the foundations of a simple methodology used to perform penetration testing on systems and networks for which you are responsible. What You Will Learn* Identify security vulnerabilities* Use some of the top security tools to identify holes* Read reports from testing tools* Spot and negate common attacks* Identify common Web-based attacks and exposures as well as recommendations for closing those holesWho This Book Is For Anyone who has some familiarity with computers and an interest in information security and penetration testing.
- Author BiographyRic Messier, MS, GCIH, GSEC, CEH, CISSP is the program director for Cyber Security, Computer Forensics and Digital Investigations and the Economic Crime Investigation bachelors' degree programs, as well as the Digital Forensic Science master's degree program at Champlain College. Messier has been involved in the networking and security arena since the early 1980s. He has worked at large Internet service providers and small software companies developing knowledge and experience about a range of topics related to networking and security. Messier has also been involved on incident response teams and has been consulted on forensic investigations for large companies. An established expert in the field and author, Messier has published several articles for Hackin9 Magazine, has developed number of video training titles with O'Reilly Media and has written a number of books on information security.
- Author(s)Ric Messier
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 34 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight215 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.