All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking its inspiration from Shakespeare's idea of the 'seven ages' of a human life, this new anthology brings together the best-loved poems in English to inspire, comfort and delight readers for a lifetime. Beginning with babies, the book is divided into sections on childhood, growing up, making a living and making love, family life, getting older, and approaching death, ending with poems of mourning and commemoration. Ranging from Chaucer to Carol Ann Duffy, via Shakespeare, Keats, and Lemn Sissay, this book offers something for each of those moments in life - whether falling in love, finding your first grey hair or saying your final goodbyes - when only a poem will do.
- Author BiographySelected by former Penguin Classics editorial director Laura Barber, a lifetime lover of poetry. Laura spent the better part of a year reading dozens of anthologies and many more poetry collections to put together this fantastic collection. Laura also put together Penguin's Poems by Heart and the forthcoming Penguin's Poems for Love. Laura lives in London, where she now publishes contemporary literature.
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight672 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byLaura Barber
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.