All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
About this product
- DescriptionHow did retirement and ways of funding it emerge? What are the key issues in relation to retirement and pensions today? And what are the key issues likely to be in the future? With a fifth of the United Kingdom's population retired, and everyone expecting lengthy retirement, the question of what constitutes retirement, how it is perceived and, critically, how it is funded, is of single importance to all. Clearly and concisely, Pensioned Off describes how the relatively modern phemen of 'retirement' emerged so quickly and dramatically, how those in retirement today support themselves financially, and how retirement and pensions are viewed as cultural traits of our society. It looks at the form and value of pensions today - both state and private - and then looks ahead to what might happen, for better or worse, in the future. Pensioned Off is recommended reading for students and professionals on social work courses which focus on later life. It will also be of interest to a wide range of practitioners working with older people. It includes key features such as: comprehensive approach - retirement and pensions seen in cultural and social, as well as ecomic context; lively and accessible coverage of an often obfuscated subject; and, up-to-date material, with almost all data from the 1990s. Eric Midwinter is the author of several best-selling texts.
- Author BiographyEric Midwinter is Visiting Professor in Education at the University of Exeter and Chairman of the Community Education Development Centre. He was until recently Director of the Centre for Policy on Ageing, and holds an Honorary Doctorate of the Open University. Social historian and social policy analyst, he is the author of over thirty books, the latest in the social policy field being his well-received The Development of Social Welfare in Britain for the Open University Press.
- Author(s)Eric Midwinter
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/1997
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRethinking Ageing
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight220 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.