All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWithin recent decades Pentecostal/charismatic Christianity has moved from an initially peripheral position to become a force to be reckoned with within Africa's religious landscape. Bringing together prominent Africanist scholars from a wide range of disciplines, this book offers a comprehensive and multifaceted treatment of the ways in which Pentecostal-Charismatic movements have shaped the orientations of African Christianity and extended their influence into other spheres of post-colonial societies such as politics, developmental work and popular entertainment. Among other things, the chapters of the book show how Pentecostal/charismatic Christianity responds to social and cultural concerns of Africans, and how its growth and increasingly assertive presence in public life have facilitated new kinds of social positioning and claims to political power.
- Author BiographyMartin Lindhardt, Ph.D. (2004) is an associate professor of cultural sociology at the University of Southern Denmark. He is the author of Power in Powerlessness. A Study of Pentecostal Life-Worlds in Urban Chile (Brill 2012).
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleGlobal Pentecostal and Charismatic Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight614 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Volume editorMartin Lindhardt
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.