All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the heart of every organisation are the people that contribute to it. Neil Thompson's latest book offers an outstanding guide to the art of management by highlighting the, too often taken for granted, importance of staff and their well-being at work. The result is a unique introduction to people management that focuses on getting the best, rather than simply the most, out of staff in the workplace. Combining theory and practice in clear and sensitive balance, this book: * Is unrivalled in scope, covering 30 key tasks and challenges faced by managers, from recruitment and staff motivation to grievances and bullying. * Adopts a multidisciplinary approach applicable across many organisational settings for readers whatever their background. * Is written with the clarity and practical focus for which Neil Thompson is rewned, ensuring a navigable and intuitive companion for students and new and aspiring managers alike. People Management is an ideal textbook for students taking courses on human resources, management and leadership across a range of fields, from Business and Organisation Studies to professional qualifications in Nursing, Social Work and related people professions. It also a rich and succinct tool for practising managers.
- Author BiographyNEIL THOMPSON is a highly respected writer, teacher and adviser, with over 35 years' experience in the people professions. He has held full or honorary professorships at four UK universities, and is now a sought-after trainer, consultant and conference speaker. He runs the Avenue Professional Development Programme, an online learning community for people professionals and edits the free e-zine, THE humansolutions BULLETIN. His website is at www.neilthompson.info.
- Author(s)Neil Thompson
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note31 black & white line drawings
- Weight552 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.