All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor thousands of years, humans and their actions have shaped our history. But some people have such a profound and at times devastating influence, they t only change the course of history, they also manage to leave a legacy so powerful, it can be called world-changing. This book looks at 10 of these people - from discoverer Christopher Columbus who brought about a radical change to the face of the American continents, to Osama bin Laden who masterminded the devastating attacks of 9/11, which ushered in a new era of warfare and terrorism. Each of these 10 world-changing people is examined in detail - what were their circumstances; what turned them into a world-changing figure; what kind of a legacy have they left; and how is it still relevant to us today? Spanning a significant portion of human history, from the ancient world of Alexander the Great, to the age of discovery in the 15th century, the World Wars, and the end of Apartheid, this book t only examines the people themselves, but also places them in the context of other historical events and developments. It includes scientists, dictators, civil rights activists, terrorists and politicians. Perfect for course work and cross-curricular activities spanning history, politics and science; the book includes 10 further highly influential people, as well as a timeline that places them in the context of world history.
- Author BiographyBen Hubbard began his writing career at a what's-on newspaper in the 1990s, interviewing bands, actors and artists in his native Wellington, New Zealand. He later joined the fast-paced world of daily newspaper journalism before packing up shop and moving to England. Here, Ben tied a number of new strings to his bow: magazine editor, book editor, and finally, author. Today, Ben writes a mix of non-fiction for all ages - preschoolers through to adults. He has penned titles on an eclectic subject range: from space exploration, samurai warriors and medieval castles; to pop music, pets, tornadoes and rugby skills.
- Author(s)Ben Hubbard
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication13/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series Title10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight154 g
- Width210 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.