All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople at the Well investigates habits, practices, and meanings of water through case studies from around the world. With its wide range and impressive diversity, this volume explores water practices in different cultures and shows that water is much more than a commodity, a resource, or a substance - it is a focal point that reflects local culture. By providing close scrutiny, the contributors explore and discover the fundamental differences and dynamics of various water-related practices and cultural phemena.
- Author BiographyHans Peter Hahn is professor at the Institute for Ethnology at the Goethe University, Frankfurt-on-Main. Karlheinz Cless is writing his doctoral thesis at the Institute for Ethnology at the Goethe University, Frankfurt-on-Main. Jens Soentgen is academic head of the Environmental Science Center at the University of Augsburg.
- PublisherCampus Verlag
- Date of Publication28/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintCampus Verlag
- Content Note73 colour plates, 7 halftones, 6 tables
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHans Peter Hahn,Jens Soentgen,Karlheinz Cless
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.95Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.