People in Crisis: Clinical and Diversity Perspectives by Bonnie Joyce Hallisey, Lisa Brown, Lee Ann Hoff, Miracle R. Hoff, Miracle Hoff (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $95.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edition of People in Crisis, published in 1978, established success as a comprehensive and user-friendly text for health and social service professionals. The book and its following incarnations included critical life events and life cycle transition challenges, clearly pointing out the interconnections between such events, stressful developmental changes, and their potential for growth but also danger of suicide and/or violence toward others. This revised edition includes new case examples and expanded coverage of cross-cultural content, including 'commonalities and differences' in origins, manifestations, and crisis responses. The authors illustrate the application of crisis concepts, assessment, and intervention strategies across a wide range of health and mental health settings, as well as at home, school, workplace, and in the community. Each chapter contains a closing summary that includes discussion questions, references, and online data sources for maximum application and learning. Updated chapters discuss new, research-based content on: * workplace violence and abuse * youth violence in schools and higher education settings * the use of psychotropic drugs, including for very young children in the absence of comprehensive assessment * the crisis vulnerability of war veterans and the hazards of 'pathologizing' what should be considered a 'rmal' response to the repeated and catastrophic trauma of war * the intersection of socio-political factors with individuals' psychological healing from catastrophic experiences such as war and natural disaster.
- Author BiographyLee Ann Hoff, Ph.D., is a nurse-anthropologist and crisis specialist and the founding director of the Life Crisis Institute, an international not-for-profit organization based in Boston and Ottawa and is professor at the University of Massachusetts Lowell, and adjunct professor at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Health Sciences. She has extensive experience as an educator, consultant, clinician, and crisis service manager.
- Author(s)Bonnie Joyce Hallisey,Lee Ann Hoff,Lisa Brown,Miracle Hoff,Miracle R. Hoff
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight952 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.