All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe archives of British Vogue define modern portraiture. Its collection remains the essential barometer of the social and cultural changes of the last century. So, portrayed here are the great, the good, and, frequently, the infamous too. PEOPLE IN VOGUE provides an insight into those who, through talent, beauty, personality or an alchemical combination of all three, set a stamp on their age. From life-enhancers to the great catalysts of change. Princesses and pop stars. Models, writers and actors. Architects and designers. Society beauties and style dictators. Scientists and world leaders. They all appear here, fixed in their time by the 20th-century's leading photographers: Hoppe, Baron de Meyer, Horst, Beaton, Steichen, Swdon, Parkinson, Bailey, Newton, Weber, Knight, Teller, Testi and others. A commentary accompanies each picture, describing the subject and their allure (or toriety) in terms of their era, circumstance and lifestyle, frequently with the reactions of Vogue's critics and commentators. PEOPLE IN VOGUE is a unique modern archive of a century and beyond -- as stunningly produced as the people within its pages.
- Author BiographyRobin Derrick has worked as art director for The Face, Italian Elle, Glamour France and Arena magazines. He now juggles his time between his role as creative director at Vogue and his photography commissions. Robin Muir is a writer, curator and former picture editor of Vogue.
- Author(s)Robin Derrick,Robin Muir
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication05/02/2005
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Content Note400 colour photos
- Weight820 g
- Width167 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.