All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $17.75Free postage
- AU $20.36Free postage
- AU $18.03Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionFrom New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear comes an epic story of the first contact between Native Americans and Vikings. On the shores of what is w rtheastern Canada, a small group of intrepid settlers have landed, seeking freedom to worship and prosper far from the religious strife and political upheaval that plague a war-ridden Europe . . . 500 years before Columbus set sail.While it has long been kwn that Viking ships explored the American coast, recent archaeological evidence suggests a far more vast and permanent settlement. It is from this evidence that archaeologists and early American history experts Kathy and Michael Gear weave their extraordinary tale. Based on recent archaeological discoveries, People of the Songtrail is the saga of the first European settlers to land on the shores of the new world. It is a story, like so many in America's history, of the swift and violent clash of cultures, and extraordinary men and women on both sides who are brave eugh to work for the fragile hope of peace. A story that has remained untold, until w.
- Author BiographyKathleen O'Neal Gear is a former state historian and archaeologist for Wyoming, Kansas, and Nebraska for the U.S. Department of the Interior. She has twice received the federal government's Special Achievement Award for outstanding management of our nation's cultural heritage. W. Michael Gear holds a master's degree in archaeology and has worked as a professional archaeologist since 1978. He is principal investigator for Wind River Archaeological Consultants. Together they have written the North America's Forgotten Past series ( People of the Morning Star, People of the Songtrail, People of the Mist, People of the Wolf, among others); and the Anasazi Mysteries series. The Gears live in Thermopolis, WY.
- Author(s)Kathleen O'Neal Gear,W Michael Gear
- PublisherTor Books
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleNorth America's Forgotten Past
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Weight295 g
- Width104 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTall rack paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.