All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from People of the Universe: Four Serbo Croatian Plays Night. Card room with a table, a smaller table and a few chairs. Gaslight. On the left a window looking on to the harbour; against it the storm beats from time to time with a whistling and roaring sound. In the background a door. At the table on the right sit Petar Nebogin and Ilija Udarov, the gamblers. On Nebogin's right Martin Schatinitsch. Svetislav Ostbwitsch is sitting by the window, pensively absorbed in the storm. All four give the impression of overnight weariness. On the table lies paper with pencil. On the smaller table a bottle of absinthe with several small glasses. Scene I. Nebogin, Udarov, Schatinitsch and Ostrwitsch. Schatinitsch. (Clutching the pack of cards in one hand and Udarov's hand with the other.) Stop! Stop! Udarov. Let us alone! Nebogin. (To Udarov.) Give me a card. Schatinitsch. No, he shan't give you any more. Udarov. Let go of me! (Frees his hand and drags the pack of cards from the hand of Schatinitsch.) What does it matter to you if he wants to go on playing? Schatinitsch. It is getting inhuman, bestial... Surely you must have a heart, a little compassion!... Nebogin. Be quiet! Udarov. Hold your peace! About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Josip Kosor
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.