All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 45 deliciously invative recipes that showcase pepper as a seasoning and ingredient, from the aromatic and subtley spiced to the hot and fiery. Called the 'king of spices', pepper has a long history of being used as a seasoning, a preservative, and even currency. By far the most frequently used spice, pepper adds an excellent depth of flavour to nearly any savoury dish, and an extra fillip to many sweet dishes as well. Making use of exciting varieties and styles of black peppercorns, including single-estate and gourmet varieties such as Malabar from India, Lampong from Indonesia and Tellicherry from Goa. Chinese szechuan and Japanese sansho also get a look in making this collection of delicious recipes ideal for the home chef who wants to make the most of this essential seasoning. Recipes include Korean-style Peppered Sticky Ribs with Black Sesame Seeds, Steak with Rainbow Pepper Crust and Drambuie Sauce, Roast Chicken with Green Peppercorn and Lemon Butter, Porcini Pepper Crusted Ahi Tuna with Yuzu Pepper Dipping Sauce, Peppered Fish Ceviche, Maple Pepper Baked Tofu, Handmade Lemon Pepper Gcchi. Sweet surprises includes Summer Berry Salad with Peppered Blackberry Syrup and Pistachio and Peppercorn Brittle with Szechuan Pepper and Chilli. Inspired 'peppermill mixes' to make up and use to fill your grinder include Moroccan Mix with Dried Rose Petals, Dried Hibiscus Pepper, Citrus Pepper Mix, Eight-Spice Japanese Chile Seasoning and Smoked Pepper & Chilli Mix. Finally simple pickles, mustards and infused oils which can be used to season when cooking or at the table open the doors to a wealth of gourmet discoveries.
- Author BiographyValerie Aikman-Smith is a Los Angeles-based food stylist and writer. She worked in top restaurants before going on to style food for films such as Titanic and for Food Network TV. Her work is featured in many magazines and books, and she is the author of 'Salt' (978-1-84597-911-9), 'Smoke & Spice' (978-1-84975-350-0) and 'Pickled & Packed' (978-1-84975-490-3) for Ryland Peters & Small. Read more at www.valerieaikman-smith.com.
- Author(s)Valerie Aikman-Smith
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Content Note60 x col photographs
- Weight337 g
- Width190 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.