Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on dramatic mologue, historical narratives, poetry of witness, and an integral intimate-domestic voice, this compilation portrays a visceral emotive patchwork of everyday dramas in the fabric of ordinary life. Written by a poet whose sense of rootedness shapes the dimensions of her work, it delves into a multiplicity of places, characters, locations, landscapes, and languages. From Grenada to the Heathrow airport, these poems are interconnected in a larger diasporic story.
- Author BiographyMalika Booker is a British writer of Guyanese and Grenadian parentage. Her poems are widely published in anthologies and journals including, Bittersweet: Contemporary Black Women's Poetry, Black & Asian Poets, Out of Bounds, and Ten New Poets. She has represented British writing internationally, both independently and with the British Council, and has written for the stage and radio. She was the first Poet in Residence at the Royal Shakespeare Company and is the author of Breadfruit.
- Author(s)Malika Booker
- PublisherPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationYorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Weight113 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.