All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an overview on what researchers have learned about unfolded peptides and how this kwledge facilitates the understanding of (a) the folding process, (b) the binding of ligands to receptor molecules, and (c) peptide self-aggregation. In this context, different experimental, theoretical, and computational concepts and approaches are introduced. This book can become a very useful addition for graduate-level courses on protein folding for the education of undergraduate and graduate students in research groups, which are exploring peptide self-aggregation for biomedical and biotechlogical purposes.
- Author BiographyReinhard Schweitzer-Stenner, PhD, is Professor and currently the Head of the Chemistry Department at Drexel University. Dr. Schweitzer-Stenner also heads the biospectroscopy research group. His research investigates peptide structure and functionally relevant heme distortions as well as ligand-receptor binding on the surface of mast cells. With more than 150 published research articles, Dr. Schweitzer-Stenner is widely recognized as a leader and pioneer in the study of the conformational properties of unfolded peptides.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleWiley Series in Protein and Peptide Science
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight984 g
- Width162 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byReinhard Schweitzer-Stenner
- Series Edited byVladimir Uversky
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.