Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerception presents classic essays on the conceptual and theoretical problems in the study of vision. In a style that is accessible to the n-expert, the volume lays out core issues in the theory of vision and then sets up a dialogue on the topics among philosophers and psychologists, past and present. Perception provides the historical background on the important debates in this field, considers alternative accounts of the basis for the individuation of the senses, explores the controversy over whether perception is direct or indirect, and examines the difficulties and complexities of drawing a principled distinction between perception and conception. This collection will interest anyone who seeks a deeper understanding of the complex problems of perception. It will also appeal to scholars in search of a compact collection of some of the best expository writing in this area.
- Author BiographyRobert Schwartz is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He is the author of Vision: Variations on Some Berkeleian Themes (Blackwell 1994) and has published widely on issues in cognition and perception.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2003
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleBlackwell Readings in Philosophy
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight746 g
- Width178 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRobert Schwartz
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.