All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of the effects of dimensional ity and disorder on phase transitions, electronic transport, and superconductivity has become an important field of research in condensed matter physics. These effects are both classical and quantum mechanical in nature and are observed universally in urealu materials. What may at first glance seem a diverse collection of lectures which form the chapters of these proceedings is in fact, an attempt to demon- strate the commonality, inter-relationship, and general applica- bility of the phemena of localization, percolation, and macro- scopic quantum effects on electrical transport and superconduc- tivity in disordered solids. The theory of these phemena is presented in a complete, yet, self-contained fashion and the inter-relationship between the topics is emphasized. An extensive treatment of experimental results is also included, both those which have stimulated the theory as well as those that have confirmed it. Many of the phemena investigated in this field also have techlogical significance. For example, the nature of electronic localization in metals in which one or more dimensions are con- strained is very important when one attempts to predict the be- havior of the metallic interconnects in ultra-miniature circuits.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- Series TitleSpecialty Polymers
- Series Part/Volume Number109
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight905 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAllen M. Goldman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.