Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA publisher in New York asked me to write down what I kw about the Greek gods, and I was like, Can we do this anymously? Because I don't need the Olympians mad at me again. But if it helps you to kw your Greek gods, and survive an encounter with them if they ever show up in your face, then I guess writing all this down will be my good deed for the week. So begins Percy Jackson's Greek Gods, in which the son of Poseidon adds his own magic--and sarcastic asides--to the classics. He explains how the world was created, then gives readers his personal take on a who's who of ancients, from Apollo to Zeus. Percy does t hold back. If you like horror shows, blood baths, lying, stealing, backstabbing, and cannibalism, then read on, because it definitely was a Golden Age for all that. This vel-sized paperback, complete with an insert of full-color illustrations by Caldecott Horee John Rocco, is portable and friendly, and the ideal way to introduce young readers to the classic stories. Praise for Percy Jackson's Greek Gods Percy's gift, which is great secret, is to breathe new life into the gods. Closest attention is paid to the Olympians, but Riordan has a sure touch when it comes to fitting much into a small space-as does Rocco's artwork, which smokes and writhes on the page as if hit by lightning. . .The inevitable go-to for Percy's legions of fans who want the stories behind his stories. -Kirkus Reviews The age-old stories are endlessly strong, resonant, and surprising, while the telling here is fresh, irreverent, and amusing. Percy's voice. . . John Rocco illustrates the myths with drama, verve, and clarity. A must-have addition to the Percy Jackson can. -Booklist Online Combining the sarcasm and wit of Percy Jackson with the original Greek myths is a great way to hook tweens and teens on the stories without boring them. The beautiful illustrations by John Rocco enhance each story. . . -VOYA
- Author BiographyRick Riordan (www.rickriordan.com) is the author of the # 1 New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, as well as the #1 best-selling The Heroes of Olympus series, and The Kane Chronicles series. His previous novels for adults include the hugely popular Tres Navarre series, winner of the top three awards in the mystery genre. He lives in Boston, Massachusetts with his wife and two sons.
- Author(s)Rick Riordan
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Rocco
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.90Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.