All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho cut off Medusa's head? Who was raised by a she-bear? Who tamed Pegasus? It takes a demigod to kw, and Percy Jackson can fill you in on the all the daring deeds of Perseus, Atalanta, Bellerophon, and the rest of the major Greek heroes. Told in the funny, irreverent style readers have come to expect from Percy, (I've had some bad experiences in my time, but the heroes I'm going to tell you about were the original old school hard luck cases. They boldly screwed up where one had screwed up before. . .) and enhanced with vibrant artwork by Caldecott Horee John Rocco, this story collection will become the new must-have classic for Rick Riordan's legions of devoted fans--and for anyone who needs a hero. So get your flaming spear. Put on your lion skin cape. Polish your shield and make sure you've got arrows in your quiver. We're going back about four thousand years to decapitate monsters, save some kingdoms, shoot a few gods in the butt, raid the Underworld, and steal loot from evil people.Then, for dessert, we'll die painful tragic deaths.Ready? Sweet. Let's do this.
- Author BiographyRick Riordan (www.rickriordan.com) is the author of Percy Jackson's Greek Gods as well as the # 1 New York Times best-selling The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero; The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune; The Heroes of Olympus Book Three: The Mark of Athena; The Heroes of Olympus Book Four: The House of Hades; The Heroes of Olympus Book Five: The Blood of Olympus; the #1 New York Times best-selling The Kane Chronicles, Book One: The Red Pyramid; The Kane Chronicles, Book Two: The Throne of Fire; The Kane Chronicles, Book Three: The Serpent's Shadow; as well as the five books in the #1 New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. His previous novels for adults include the hugely popular Tres Navarre series, winner of the top three awards in the mystery genre. He lives in Boston, Massachusetts with his wife and two sons. John Rocco (www.roccoart.com) studied illustration at Rhode Island School of Design and The School of Visual Arts. In addition to writing and illustrating several of his own picture books, including Blizzard and the Caldecott Honor-winning and New York Times best-selling Blackout, he has created all of the cover art for Rick Riordan's best-selling Percy Jackson, Kane Chronicles, and Heroes of Olympus series. He has also illustrated books by Whoopi Goldberg and Katherine Patterson, and he recently co-authored a novel, Swim That Rock, with Jay Primiano. Before becoming a full-time children's book creator, he worked as an art director on Shrek for Dreamworks, and for Disney Imagineering. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Rick Riordan
- Date of Publication18/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2155 g
- Width234 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Rocco
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.