All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionEmily Halban developed arexia in her final year at school. She went on to university at Oxford where her disease took on a powerful dimension and by her final year she was so debilitated that she had to sit her exams in a separate room where she could be fed continuously throughout each one. With heartbreaking candour and poignant intimacy, Emily vividly chronicles the complexities and inner struggles of living with arexia. Two years on, she traces her disease from its elusive origins, through its darkest moments of deprivation, guilt and self-loathing, and finally recounts her journey towards recovery. Emily allows us to understand what it's really like to suffer from arexia, exposing its secrets and dispelling some of the myths that shroud it. Alive with self-awareness, but never self-pity, Perfect is an inspiring read that will help those battling with the horrors of arexia find a way out, and those on the outside to understand more.
- Author BiographyEmily Halban was born in Geneva, Switzerland in 1983. She spent her childhood in Geneva before coming to study at Oxford University from where she graduated in 2004. Emily developed anorexia at the age of 16. She now lives in London.
- Author(s)Emily Halban
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication26/02/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight234 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.