All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnthony has the perfect life. At 16 years old, he is a grade A student, the brightest pupil in his school - and the best at sports. His parents dote over him and he is falling in love for the first time. But, after witnessing a terrible road accident, Anthony's life is slowly turned upside down. He starts ticing people following and watching him, at least that's what he believes. At night, instead of sleeping he lies awake, plagued by his increasing paraia His behaviour becomes erratic and increasingly violent. He displays all the symptoms of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and questions his own sanity until the whole world collapses around him. Is he being followed or is he going mad? The fourth vel by British author, MATTHEW SOLO, is filled with emotional surprises, twists, turns and a devastating ending that will tear you apart.
- Author BiographyBritish born in London, I only recently fulfilled my long-term ambition to write a book. LOSER, my debut, was published initially on Kindle in November 2012 and nearly a year later on paperback. As with so many people - certainly most of the people I have met! I had a wild dream of writing a book one day. In truth, my dream involved adapting that book into a screenplay and from there a film. It was a boyish dream that received no more energy than the occasional validation of me saying: I'm going to write a book one day! It was not until I elaborated the story behind LOSER - which had been in my head for nearly 20 years - to my friend, that he convinced me to write the book. Convinced is perhaps not the correct word to use: as he sat me down, put a laptop in my hands and demanded I start writing. During the months I spent writing LOSER, I discovered a passion that had lay dormant in me since my schooldays. Now, not even two years later, I've published this; my 4th book and am ready to start my 5th The eight more that were in my head, are now 15 more and each book will at some point have a treatment for it to be realised as a film. Details of some of those books can be found on my website or at the back of this book. This was a difficult book in the middle. I found it hard to work out why the story was not working for me, and then: Eureka! It was as simple as changing the perspective and as Kevin would say... Boom! From then on, I couldn't type as fast as the words poured out of my brain. As I have said before, I 'see' my stories as dreams and daydreams; movies that come to life in my mind's eye so-to-speak and simply recount the scenes as I have seen them, and this book - PERFECT CHILD - was no exception. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I am enjoying writing them.
- Author(s)Matthew Solo
- Date of Publication27/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.