Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is an intimate and moving portrait of the lives of Carmelite nuns in three monasteries. Over the last two years, Lili Almog has made extensive visits to nuns in three different Carmelite monasteries - one in Mount Carmel in Haifa, Israel, where the order was founded and assumed its name in the year 1200; the first Carmelite monastery in the United States, Port Tobacco; and one located at the birthplace of Jesus, Bethlehem, Palestine. The result of this work, Perfect Intimacy , is an experience of the cloistered world these nuns live in, and a documentation of their state of mind, relationship with God and spiritual identity. It is a continuation of Almog's ongoing attempt to explore women and their private spaces. The ecomy of style in Almog's photographic composition, a limited colour palette and an emphasis on just a few pictorial components corresponds aptly with the chaste and austere way of life in the monastery. Almog's portraits achieve an emblematic quality, reverberating with, and alluding to, the intensity found in abundance in religious icography. Perfect Intimacy offers an unfettered and authentic introduction to a group of women destined to remain anymous in this peculiar cloistered world.
- Author BiographyLili Almog has exhibited her work internationally for over ten years. Her photographs have also appeared in New York, Fotograf, The Miami Herald, The Boston Globe, Vogue Australia and several books. They are also included in the collections of the Victoria and Albert Museum, Norton Museum of Art, Musee de la Photographie, Belgium and the Herzliya Museum of Art, Israel.
- Author(s)Lili Almog
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/05/2006
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note56
- Weight864 g
- Width209 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.