Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionLike its predecessor, this publication is written for students and those professionals who choose to work at the sharp end of the pig industry and are driven by a desire to improve the environment that farmers provide for pigs. The authors describe proven monitoring techniques which can also interpret data and automatically implement adjustments to environment control systems. Readers are led through a series of case studies from commercial pig farms. Explanations of the source of problems within pig buildings are provided and augmented by graphical data which are explained in simple terms. In particular, the book makes much reference to I.T. devices already in use within other industries and speculates how these will be increasingly used to help pig farmers integrate more closely with their food chain partners.
- Author BiographyPaul Smith is the founder and director of Pork Chain Solutions Limited and the creator of PIGSPEC, an independent consultancy operating in the private sector. He has also worked at the Agricultural Development and Advisory Services' Great House Experimental Husbandry Farm. Hugh Crabtree is the cofounder of Farm Energy & Control Services Limited and a researcher of thermal performance of pig buildings at Reading University. Nick Birdis a director and founding member of both Farm Energy & Control Services Limitedand Dicam Technology.
- Author(s)Hugh Crabtree,Nick Bird,Paul Smith
- Publisher5m Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNottingham University Press
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.