Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere has never been a writer like James Ellroy. (Telegraph). Los Angeles, December 6, 1941. Last hopes for peace are shattered when Japanese squadrons bomb Pearl Harbor. War fever and race hate grip the city and the internment of Japanese Americans begins. When a Japanese family is found brutally murdered, three men and one woman are summoned. William H Parker is a captain on the Los Angeles Police force. He's superbly gifted, corrosively ambitious and consumed by dubious ideology. He is bitterly at odds with Sergeant Dudley Smith - Irish emigre, ex-IRA killer and fledgling war profiteer. Kay Lake is a 21-year-old dilettante looking for adventure. Hideo Ashida is a brilliant police chemist and the only Japanese on the payroll. Four driven souls - rivals, lovers, history's pawns - thrown into an investigation which will t only rip them apart but take America to the edge of the abyss at a crucial moment in its history.
- Author BiographyJAMES ELLROY was born in Los Angeles in 1948. He is the author of the 'Underworld U.S.A. Trilogy' - American Tabloid, The Cold Six Thousand and Blood's a Rover - and the 'L.A. Quartet' novels, The Black Dahlia, The Big Nowhere, L.A. Confidential and White Jazz. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)James Ellroy
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWindmill Books
- Weight555 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.32
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.