All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday, with the advent of digital media techlogies and the ability to conceptualize, express and produce complex forms using digital means, the question of the status of the architectural form is once again under consideration. Indeed, the computer liberated architecture from the tyranny of the right angle and enabled the design and production of n-standard buildings, based on irregular geometry. Yet, the questions concerning the method of form expression in contemporary architecture, and its meaning, remain very much open. Performalism takes up this discussion, defines it and presents changes in form conception in architecture, followed by their repercussions. The book is supported by a wealth of case studies from some of the top firms across the globe and contributed to by some of the top names in this field. With a unique and insightful emphasis on professional practice this is essential reading for all architects, aspiring and practicing.
- Author BiographyYasha J. Grobman is an architect and a senior lecturer in the Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning at the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology. He is principal and co-founder of Axelrod Grobman Architects. He holds a Master of Architecture from the Architectural Association Design Research Laboratory (DRL), and a PhD from the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology. His research and practice focuses on digital architecture and performance-oriented architectural design and manufacturing. Eran Neuman is an architect and the head of the Azrieli School of Architecture at Tel Aviv University. He is co-founder of Open Source Architecture, an international architectural research and design office. His research focuses on the history, theory and philosophy of modern architecture, in particular the influence of science and technology on architecture, digital architecture, architectural representations and design methodologies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/02/2006
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight793 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byEran Neuman,Yasha J. Grobman
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.