All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerformance Affects explores performance projects in disaster and war zones to argue that joy, beauty and celebration should be the inspiration for the politics of community-based or participatory performance practice, seeking to realign the field of Applied Theatre away from effects towards an affective role, connected to sensations of pleasure.
- Author BiographyJAMES THOMPSON Professor of Applied and Social Theatre at the University of Manchester, UK, Director of In Place of War and a Director of the Centre for Applied Theatre Research. He is author of Drama Workshops for Anger Management and Offending Behaviour (1999), Applied Theatre: Bewilderment and Beyond (2003), Digging Up Stories: Applied Theatre, Performance and War and with Jenny Hughes and Michael Balfour, Performance In Place of War (2009).
- Author(s)James Thompson
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/04/2009
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight425 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.