All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis revolutionary introductory performance studies coursebook brings together classic texts in critical theory and shows how these texts can be used in the analysis of performance. The editors put their texts to work in examining such key topics as: * decoding the sign * the politics of performance * the politics of gender and sexual identity * performing ethnicity * the performing body * the space of performance * audience and spectatorship * the borders of performance. Each reading is clearly introduced, making often complex critical texts accessible at an introductory level and immediately applicavble to the field of performance. The ideas explored within these readings are further clarified through invative, carefully tested exercises and activities.
- Author BiographyColin Counsell is based at The University of North London. Laurie Wolf is Assistant Professor for Theatre at The College of William and Mary, Virginia, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2001
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byColin Counsell,Laurie Wolf
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.